Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex 3x4 series B shutter curtain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
centuryuniversal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Graflex 3x4 series B shutter curtain Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to this list, but have been reading it for several years. Id like to say thanks to many of you, as you have answered many of my problems/questions saving me untold hours of frustration.

Recently I picked up 3x4 series b and was wondering if anyone happens to have instructions on how to create a new curtain for this little camera? I already tried the pledge trick and it looks like it will buy me some time, but Id really like to get started on a new curtain so I have it when I need it.

Thanks again
Rob
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Keeble and Shuchat Photography, 261 California Drive, Palo Alto, Ca. and pick up a yard of darkroom blackout cloth form their darkroom department. The darkroom blackout cloth is an black nylon material that is rubberized on one side. It is thinner than the rubberized shutter cloth of the Series B. It is the same as the shutter curtain material sold by Micro Tools.

The Graflex Focal Plane Shutter remained basically unchanged from introduction in the early 1900's until the introduction of the Pacemaker Speed Graphic in 1947. A copy of the Anniversary Speed Graphic service manual is available at http://www.southbristolviews.com/ . The information for this camera/shutter will apply to the Series B.

Remove the existing curtain from your camera, make a copy, and install in the camera. I do not have a suggestion for the metal edging around the openings in the curtain but I assume that shim stock could be used.
centuryuniversal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Graflex 3x4 series B shutter curtain Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply!!

I didn't realize K&S had that cloth, I was planning on ordering from MT.
Thanks...... K&S is closer and faster

Bert also sent over some instructions, so between the cloth and the plans I should be able to manage something.....

Cheers
Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: