Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New 320TXP Sheet Film HC110 Dil B Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: New 320TXP Sheet Film HC110 Dil B Problem Reply with quote

The reformulated TriX 320 film has a horribly short development time with HC110 Dil B (4 1/4 mins.!). I develop film in deep tanks with open hangers and would like to see a longer development time. I have checked for longer times with less concentrated dilutions without any luck.

Kodak warns about times less than 5 minutes resulting in uneven development.

1> Does Kodak have the time wrong? It's way shorter than the previous version of this emulsion (Tri-X 320 Professonal). 7 1/2 minutes!!

2> Will 4 1/4 mins. definately result in uneven development with film in hangers?

3> Has anyone published development times for weaker dilutions of HC110 with the reformulated 320TXP?

I've used HC110 for years (for sheet film) and hate to switch. I probably will go back to using Ilford HP5+ with HC110 if this combo won't work.
pv17vv

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, may I suggest that you develop a test sheet following the specs and see if it is or is not satisfying ?
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at the massive development chart at www.digitaltruth.com ? I think a test for actual speed and time for your methods is in order. I've found published times have little meaning for my situation.

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
flashbulbman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: HC110 problem Reply with quote

Try using Dilution H, which is 1-63 dilution, at twice the time of Dilution B.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: