Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex 4x5" film holder S/N E18H393 CAT.NO. 1118 ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Graflex 4x5" film holder S/N E18H393 CAT.NO. 1118 ??? Reply with quote

I have some very nice, never used, 4x5" wood film holders made by Graflex with the inscription S/N E18H393 CAT.NO. 1118. They have a width of 5 inch compared to standard 4x5" holders fitting my Sinar (or Linhof, Wista etc.) with a width of 4 3/4 inch; it also has a 3mm groove along the edges.
Question: Anybody who knows which Camera (camera backs) these holder fit into? Or is there a site such that I can find the item for this CAT. NO. 1118?
(There are some more information on the original Graflex box: in connection to S/N E18H393 you can read: NAVY 18, and below: AF 33(600)-39029 DATE PKD 4/56 M/P III)
Bertil
Les

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard Film holder for a Graflex back, with added data for United States Navy use. The Combat Graphic 45 originally came with a Graflex back and was made for both the Navy and the Marines, although other cameras used a Graflex back too. Right now there's several war-time Speed Graphics on ebay with Graflex backs.

The US government is famous for "simplifying procedures to a more complicated manner" For a while Uncle Sam tried to consolidate procurement, and had the Air Force buy most if not all of certain items which is why this Navy film holder has an AF contract number on it.
Bertil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Graflex 4x5" film holder S/N E18H393 CAT.NO. 1118 ??? Reply with quote

Thank You Very Much Les! I start to understand the important difference between cameras with Graflex Back and Graflok Back!!
Thus my 3 very nice, never used, 4x5" film holders fit cameras with a Graflex Back (but not the later Graflok backs (or Standard/International backs).
Anybody interested in these holders in there original boxes? Mail me, I have no use for them.
Bertil
willysmb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berthil
FYI :
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/willysmb/images/Appareils%20Photo/Graflex/Combat%20Graphic/Combat-45-Dos-ouvert.jpg

Cheers
Laurent
Bertil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willysmb wrote:
Berthil
FYI :
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/willysmb/images/Appareils%20Photo/Graflex/Combat%20Graphic/Combat-45-Dos-ouvert.jpg

Cheers
Laurent

Thank You, nice site: Combat Graphic 45 - a loaded thing!!!!

Best wishes!
Bertil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: