Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rangefinder adjustment, who can do it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjwalker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Rangefinder adjustment, who can do it? Reply with quote

Hello- I have tried with no luck to adjust my pacemakers rangefinder. I know I should be able to do it but I don't have time to mess around with it anymore and the frustration isn't worth it to me. Who would be a good person to adjust it to a certain lens?
sobahguy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JJ,
Give Fred Lustig a call.....
(775) 746-0111 (Pacific time zone, daytime only)
He's experienced and has truckloads of original Graflex parts.
He's pleasant & knowledgeable so phone him and explain whatever you need to have done. Your camera will be in great hands!!!
EASmithV

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i have a 2.25x3.25 Busch Pressman that has a rangfinder that could use tweaking. What is the easiest way to do it?
Henry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first of all, guys, you need the printed instructions. Then you need some small screwdrivers, a loupe and tape measure, and a lot of patience. The instructions are available on this site http://graflex.org/speed-graphic/kalart-adjustment.html
http://graflex.org/speed-graphic/kalart-manual.html
and also at www.southbristolviews.com.

Re: Fred Lustig, recent chatter on this board seems to indicate that Fred has departed this earthly vale of tears and sorrow. While we can all hope that the news has been greatly exaggerated, I wouldn't count on Fred in any event. The last work I sent to him took forever to finish, and never was quite satisfactory even after several tries.
troublemaker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bert does them, I do them, but other than Fred I am not sure who else you could contact. It also depends how serviceable the Kalart is to begin with. Sometimes fussy ones need a dissassembly and cleaning etc.. I noted recently on another post that the spring metal holder on the prism can become brittle, cracked etc... and this can make a simple but tedious calibration incredibly frustrating. I doubt that is the case, but I guess roughly I find about one outof five that are troublesome, worn out or suffer from the prism mount problem...
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a search for Fred last night and could only find his contact information and that he is 80 years old. The Reno Gazette did not have any information for him when I did a search of their site so at least he was not in their obituaries as of 3-12-08 10pm PDT.
I can calibrate the Kalart also.
troublemaker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And 45PSS probably does a nice job too...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: