Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grafmatic light traps?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Grafmatic light traps? Reply with quote

I received three gramatics for a nice price from a gentleman who mentioned that their light traps have to be reglued. Along with the grafmatics came three parts, each consisting of a piece of folded black felt attached to a metal strip. Each is exactly as wide as the interior of the grafmatic, so I am guessing they go inside there somewhere - but where? I have had several other grafmatics and never noticed such a piece on them. There's usually a piece of black felt at each end of the "cartridge" where the septums go - and that's all I have noticed. Where do these guys go?

I checked the exploded views in the grafmatic service manual available at http://www.southbristolviews.com. The manual has two different exploded views, actually, and I can't tell why or which part number goes with which diagram. But If I had to guess, these things sorta look like item 6 in the first diagram in that manual, and item 7 in the second diagram.

Can anyone help?
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You did not specify which size grafmatic you are refering to or if you have model 1168's or 1268's assuming they're 4x5's.
2. In the 4x5 grafmatic service instructions Fig.1 is the diagram refered to in the service text and is for the convience of refering to when reading the servicing text. Use text index references for this diagram.
3. Fig. 1 in the Parts List section is the main Illistruated Parts Breakdown (IPB) and has the descriptions and part numbers. Use the figure/index list starting on manual page 9 for the IPB fig 1.
4. The cutoffs are:
A. IPB 1-7, goes on the inside of the cover opposite side of the Grafmatic logo. Spectrum drawer,1-46 must be removed from cover 1-9 and case 1-13 assembly to access position. Felt edge should press against drawer 1-46.
B. IPB 1-13a. goes on the inside of case 1-13 and the felt presses against the drawer 1-46. (opposite index 7 in the case/cover assembly)
C. IPB 1-45 goes on the case1-13 at the edge where the darkslide eneter the case and the felt rides against the bottom of the darkslide 1-16.
5. Felt seals are:
A. IPB 1-24a goes in the case 1-13 with the slot next to the counter boxed area.
B. IPB 1-13b goes in the cover 1-9 at the end close to the top so that when case 1-13 is inserted fully into the cover the case presses against it at the edge closest to the film opening.

Use the Disassembly/assembly instructions in the service procedures to remove/install the case from the cover and the darkslide from the case.

Tip: Use a 3x5 index card in place of the shim stock for the darkslide IPB 1-16 removal.
djon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Grafmatics designed for Graflok? I used them years ago but don't recall the back...
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
C. Henry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly the Grafmatic Film Holders were designed so that they could be used with either the spring back or the Graflok back.
I have used my Graphmatics both inserted between the focus screen & camera body and held by the slide locks with the the screen removed.

C. Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: