Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inconspicuous Case for Speed Graphic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jessechehak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking to find a good inconspicuous case to store my camera while I am shooting. I want to be able to strap it around my waist or over my shoulder without having it be obvious that I am carrying my camera. Room for a meter and holders is a must. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Padeye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you could get a Dillon Range Bag. I don't know how inconspicuous you can be with a bag big enough to hold a Crown and holders but anyone familiar with Dillons products would think you were carrying guns and ammunintion rather than cameras

A bit tounge in cheek, sorry, but the bag is of outstanding quality.
steve@toprinting.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few variations on the carrying theme.

When I first bought my Crown, I carried it in an old ratty backpack. Started out fine until I kept adding more stuff. But it held the camera, a few holders, loupe and meter. Carried the tripod though.

Then I planned a long photo trip and needed more holders. Found on eBay an original fiberboard case. Now holds all my stuff. Camera, 14 holders, meter, 3 extra lenses, Polaroid back. small box of stuff, and a black tee-shirt that I use as a darkcloth, size XXL. Weighs about 25-30 lbs. Only people over 50 would have any idea what's inside.

Another idea is to get a plastic tool box on wheels at your local hardware/auto parts store. Various sizes are available and you can customize the compartments.

Just remember - the more to take, the more it weighs. Save your back.

Good luck.

Steve

45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a Domke satchel 805.
http://www01.bhphotovideo.com/default.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Aproductlist_html___16043___DOF805B___REG___CatID=179___SID=EC7AD621650
Just the best description I found on short order including Domke / Tiffen home site.

A pacemaker, Crown, or as in my case a Burke & James field stand up in 1/2 to 2/3 of main compartment.

Henry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse,

You didn't say what size Speed you have, but if it's a "baby" (2x3) check out the Tamrac 757 backpack/bag. I put my entire Century kit---camera, four lenses, filters, two roll film backs, Vivitar flash, two light meters, odds 'n' ends---in the Tamrac 757, and I can backpack it if necessary. Highly recommended!
extraparts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are worried about theft, I would go for a very sturdy diper bag. No one steals a diper bag.

Neal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: