Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Graphic solenoid replacement?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would anyone know if there is any other type/model of solenoid that would fit/work inside the front standard of the Super Graphic? The Super model # is 36133-G1. I don't know whereabouts model #s may be for the other types at the moment?

I know I do have at least one of the older external solenoids laying around but have no idea where at the moment. My failing memory says the older ones were a bit too thick to fit inside the front standard but I could be wrong. And the Super solenoid has sockets for the two pins inside the standard. As I remember, the older solenoids had the pins?

If there's any other kind of replacement, I would appreciate hearing about it...

Thanks,
Rich..
Les

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bigger problem is the Super Graphic Solenoid ran on 22.5 volts while the externals ran on a 1/10 of that.
I had a spare bellows and the solenoid is much much longer than the external type.

Are you sure it's ths solenoid and not the internal wiring in the bellows?

Other than a new bellows, I"m not sure where you would find a replacement solenoid
RichS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Les. The bellows has nothing to do with the solendoid except carrying the wiring to it. The solenoid is housed inside the front standard at the bottom. Apparently a "plug-in". I didn't even think of the voltage problem... I guess I'll have to keep my eye open for the Super type and that's it...

Yes, it's deffinitely the solenooid, or lack thereof. I took the front plate off the standard and there's nothing but space where the solenoid should be So much for buying a Super used without the owner explicitly stating that the electric release works!

Now maybe it's finally time to work up a "holder" for the end of a cable release near the handle. I always wanted to do that anyway...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: