Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex in the TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron Hanes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading the movies sightings with intrest and remembered that a lot of graflexes are shown in old tv reruns...I love lucy for instance.
Les

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious, my 5 yearold daughter has gone nuts over lucy, which episode has a grapic/graflex?
I know the reporter/photographer that came to see Ethyl Mae in her home town just used an Argus C3
Ron Hanes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to oblige:
One episode that comes to mind is the one where Ricky has been nominated to a "Best Dressed List" after a few shots at the club the photog heads over to Rickies apartment where he encounters lucy who has just trashed the house for some reason.
There's others too The one where Lucy gets a trophy stuck on her head and one where they are photographing Ricky's band upon their return to usa from an overseas trip come to mind too.
jpmose

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me give a stab at it....When the Ricardos and Mertz's were in California, a photographer showed up at the hotel room to photograph Ricky with some models...Lucy was jealous and tried to get in the pictures. It was a Speed Graphic and I think a Pacemaker which would make sense; the episode was filmed in 1955.

On the way to California, the Ricardos and Mertz's stop in Albuquerque to see Ethel's father. Ethel got all the attention instead of Ricky. At the end of their performance, a photographer shot the four of them with a Graphic.

An earlier episode: Ricky, Fred and the boys had a stag party for Ricky because Ricky was feeling slighted by all the attention Lucy was getting over being pregnant. Lucy and Ethel went dressed as men from the press to see what the guys actually do at a stag party. One of the two had a press camera but I can't remember the vintage.

Many Superman episodes had Speed Graphics used by reporter Jimmy Olsen.

Dragnet too. I remember seeing Super Graphics in early 70's episodes but I can't remember which shows.

I always enjoy spotting Pacemaker Speeds in movies that were depicting pre WWII history...the Pacemaker was introducted in 1947. But than again...at least they are showing off Graflex products.

Does any recall a TV show or move using a Linhof Technika? I don't recall ever seeing one!!!

JP
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With their rangefinders, focusing scales, infinity stops and later improvements, each was, in its own time, the "PHd" camera. (Push Here dummy).
Rock solid, easy to use, simple to operate, what more could a newspaper picture taker ask for? Certainly not a lot of controls that had to be set every shot.

Watch for that 1945 story that has the 1950 car in it!

alecj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to Lucy and Dezi: Last night there was a 2-hr special on our Public TV about Lucy. It was FULL of graphics in action during the 50s. Lots of flashing and lines of chrome-fronted graphics. Hope some of you saw it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: