Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Polaroid holder for 3.25x4.25 or for 4x5?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fenon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I am thinking about purchasing a Graphic camera to my work. I would like to shoot on polaroid 3.25x4.25. So i though to buy a 'baby' Speed Graphic in 3.25x4.25 size. But then someone told me, that there is no polaroid holder fitting to this camera back.(?)
There is the M405 Polaroid holder, my question would be that does it fit to the back of the 3.25x4.25 Graflex camera back without any problems?
I read on the polaroid site, that this holder fits to 4x5 cameras as well, and now i am a bit confused. Or i can ask differently, what camera type would you suggest to purchase if you wanted to work on 3.25x4.25 polaroid.. ? a big 4x5 or the smaller (3.25x4.25)Speed Graphic?
thank you much for your response,
Balazs
Les

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would think that the 3x4 Polaroid would fit a 3x4 Speed Graphic. But it doesn't. After WWII the 3x4 format lost favor.People migrated to the larger 4x5 or down to the 2x3 and used roll film. So when Polaroid pack film came out in the 60s, the 3x4 Speed Graphic was already forgotten.

If you like to tinker and modify, a 405 back can be stuck permanently onto a 3x4 Speed Graphic. I've done it, but I have a machine shop handy.

Beyond that, you'll have to find a 4x5 body with a Graflok back to use the 405 Polaroid back as it was designed.
fenon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your help! YOu solved my problem.. regards,
Balazs Borocz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: