Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Model 250 HV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frohnec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graflex electronic flash can that be used with the Ektar 135mm sychronize (x) flash withour a solenoid?
tsgrimm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will work at any shutter speed with any leaf shuttered camera that has X sync, all 35mm focal plane shuttered cameras (see camera manual for X sync speed) and at any shutter speed for some digital cameras (maybe all if you get a slave that recognizes the preflash).

I am not familiar with the Graphic focal plane shutter.

[ This Message was edited by: tsgrimm on 2006-03-15 15:55 ]
disemjg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...and at any shutter speed for some digital cameras (maybe all if you get a slave that recognizes the preflash)."

Be aware that most older electronic flashes have synch circut voltage levels that can kill modern electronic cameras. Before using such a unit, check the voltage.

I believe the currently accepted standard for modern cameras is a 6V circut value. A while back I tested my Vivitar 283 and found that its trigger circuit was 65 volts. I have heard of Vivitar 283's that were claimed to have 300v trigger circuits.

Devices are available to clip the synch voltage to a safe level; the Wein Safe-Synch comes to mind as I use them on my old Speedotron Brownline packs. So you can use the old flash units if you have such a device, but check the voltage level to be sure it is really safe.
C. Henry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC the 300 volt sync circut was on the Vivitar 285 not the 283. I never have used either of these units because of several reasons including the high trigger circut voltages .

C. Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: