Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Handle mount flash w/ crown graphic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
acedar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I just purchased my first Crown Graphic( always wanted one) and like to do outdoor portaits, sometimes using fill flash. The camera still has a flat bracket attached to the right side. I'd like to purchase a Metz or Sunpak handle mount flash and attach it to the right w/o using the camera bracket that screws into the tripod hole. I think the flash will stick out too far. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do this and has anyone used this setup before? Thanks a lot.
alecj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the "flat bracket" you refer to is a mounting plate (does it have a raised slot at either end?), then all you need is a pair of Graflite Battery Case Clamps which will attach to your handle and lock into your bracket.

The clamps are readily available. Pacific Rim and Midwest Photo routinely carry them.

Look closely at any picture of a Pacemaker Graphic with a Graflite flash unit attached and you'll see the bracket and clamps referred to above.

[ This Message was edited by: alecj on 2006-02-25 14:01 ]
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes use a Metz 45CT-5 on a pacemaker speed using the flat bracket that comes with the Metz, one can slide it in and out to suit one's taste of position.
The Graflex clamps are 1 1/2" in diamater, the 45CT handle is finger ridged and 1 1/2" x 1 3/4". The Metz mount clamp for the flat bar can be repositioned for either right or left camera mounting.
Charles

SYNCHROJAMES

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: HADLE MOUNT FLASH W/ CROWN GRAPHIC Reply with quote

What I did with my recently acquired CG so that I could use my STROBONAR 700 was to take the mounting bracket off of a KING SOL battery flash gun I had. With the help of some shim stock between the bracket and the plastic flash handle it clamped on perfectly. I made an extension bracket out of aluminum plate so it wouldn't interfere with the hand strap. The 1/4-20 finger screw on the bracket allows it to separate from the aluminum plate. If you can find one it clamps on quite solidly and doesn't require modifying the camera.
robocam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Same question here..... Reply with quote

I have a Metz 60CT4 that I would like to use with my SG. Are the 45 series and the 60 series the same size? Do the Graflex flash mounting clips allow for a larger diameter unit than the original tube? Any other suggestions for this will greatly help.
Henry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Graflite clamps (cat.no. 2771) have only a modest adjustment, which I think is not really an adjustment at all but just provides some clearance for inserting the tube; the nominal size of the opening is 1-1/2" and it wouldn't seem possible to accommodate anything larger. BTW, I have the clamps and am just awaiting the chance to obtain a 2-cell Graflite flash with 5" reflector, also the mounting plate for the Kalart. In that regard, and drifting OT for the moment, the latest camera show and swap meet in my area was a total bust, IMO: the fewest dealer tables and lowest attendance I've seen in over ten years of going to these things. I think such events are on their last legs; guess if I am to get the Graflite I'll have to resort to u-know-what.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: