Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

roll film backs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pup7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am interested in using my new camera for panoramic shots. do they make a roll film back that is wider than 6x9? i think i once saw a 6x12, but havent seen one since i hallucinated. or is my only option masking 4x5 film? thanks in advance for any help.
Les

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At one time horseman made a slip in type roll back similar to a Calumet C2N, but 4 or five years ago the price was over $600.

Now I know sheet film is expensive, color coming close to that $2 a sheet mark. But how much roll film are you going to have to shoot to make up for the $600?

The other trick is to find a spare darkslide..ebay, the junk drawer of your local haunt are good places. If it has a small crack in it the better, it might be free. Now with a scribe, or tool that cuts plastic, cut the slide in exactly half down it's length. Instead of 4x5 you now have 2x5.

Out in the field set up your shot but put enogh rise in it so that the center of the image is in the top half of the frame. Put the film in, pull the dark slide, ADD your new slide to the bottom and shoot.

Cock the lens, drop the lens down to its original position, move the new darkslide to the top position and shoot again.

You'll end up with two images roughly 5cm x 12cm or a 1:2.54 ratio and You mightjust save a buck or two.

hartwell_a_m

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another way to shoot panoramic photoes, but it suposes that you have access to a high resilution scanner and image edditing softwear. Aquire a tripod head that alows you to locate the center of the lens over the pivot point then you shoot enough frames to create the panoramic view you want. The last thing to do is assemble them on a computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: