Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex Cameras and Equipment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcorwin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am preparing to sell my father's Graflex equipment. I am wondering if someone can give me an idea of the current value, and marketing options. I am near Midwest photo, but would like to have an idea of the value of this equipment before I go to see them. Can anyone give me any suggestions?
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2005-11-20 05:55, jcorwin wrote:
I am preparing to sell my father's Graflex equipment. I am wondering if someone can give me an idea of the current value, and marketing options. I am near Midwest photo, but would like to have an idea of the value of this equipment before I go to see them. Can anyone give me any suggestions?
If you know what the gear is and can describe it well, selling via eBay is probably the best option. Check completed eBay auctions to get an idea of what selling prices can be.

Dealers have to buy at wholesale in order to be able to sell profitably at retail. That's why eBay is so useful for us. But if you don't want to get involved with the eBay routine, MPEX is as good a dealer to sell to as any and has the advantage of being convenient.
Rangemaster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spend a week looking through Ebay, that is your best bet to find current selling values for various camera gear. This site does not support FS ad's or wanted to buy ad's.

Dave

[ This Message was edited by: Rangemaster on 2005-11-20 08:01 ]
jcorwin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all so much. Dad is in a nursing home now and does not remember he has cameras. He had/has a lot of nice stuff: 4 or 5 Graflex cameras with Zeiss lenses, ground glass etc. Do you know is all of this sheet film is still any good? I am not sure how old it is. Also, is a Rolliflex twin lens with Zeiss lens related to this group of cameras? I am just learning about these and now wish I had spent more time learning about Dad's projects. I just knew he spent hours in the dark room. Thanks again, I have started watching ebay. I guess I will need to learn about that too.
alecj

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, you should do a lot of reading yourself on the main Graflex.org board to determine exactly what you have. You have posted this inquiry on a forum dealing with a specific Graflex camera, the XL. Yet, nowhere in your vague descriptions yet have you mentioned an XL. For us to help, you must do your part in research first. This thread should be up in the Speed Graphic section if no XL is involved.
djon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hint...the XL doesn't look anything like the camera the elegant gent is holding on this site's illustration. It looks more like Mickey Mouse, with a lens for his nose. Go to the auction site and browse with the word Graflex, see which of the cameras looks like yours...an education. If you browse with Graflex XL you'll miss half the fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex XL Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: