Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflite 45 for Super Graphic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An early release of Super Graphic advertisement shows a special flash made just for the Super Graphic that utilized the BC ckt in the camera. It had a single cord (not a Y cord) that went from the connector on the camera to the front (not the bottom) of the flash handle (hence the handle did not contain batteries). Has anyone actually seen or used one of these flashes? This item may have been a prototype or an actual short-lived production model. Does anyone have any info on this?
RichS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2005-04-29 20:14, Jim23 wrote:
An early release of Super Graphic advertisement shows a special flash made just for the Super Graphic that utilized the BC ckt in the camera. It had a single cord (not a Y cord) that went from the connector on the camera to the front (not the bottom) of the flash handle (hence the handle did not contain batteries). Has anyone actually seen or used one of these flashes? This item may have been a prototype or an actual short-lived production model. Does anyone have any info on this?

Jim,

I haven't seen this, but from what I understand of your post, I don't think it can work.

If you look at the schematic of the Super wiring on this post: http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?topic=3329&forum=7&10

Oh, heck... I had explanations written up for the different connections, then my mind got tied up and things didn't work out...

Anyway, it doesn't seem like it would be practical to me. And Graflex did provide a 'single' cable (not a y-chord) for flash use as they did have electronic flash by then which didn't need the y-chord.

Spend some time looking at the schematic and maybe you can figure out how it might work. If you do, let me know

Jim23

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is how it might work:

CAP.
TERM B 0---}{--0--[FLASH LAMP]---0 TERM A
|
TERM C

22.5v back thru solenoid coil charges capacitor in flash. Trigger dumps charge into flash lamp.
Jim23

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My text graphic should show TERM C tied to a point between the capacitor and the lamp.
RichS

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the drawing may be confusing things the way the formatting is lost?

So, you charge the cap from A & B. That would work.

Okay, the problem I see is A & B would have to be connected to the two poles (+ and - ) of the capacitor. When you hit the camera switch, you short out A & B, thereby shorting out the capacitor through A & B and the switch.

I'm thinking this would result in the solendoid not firing, the two caps in the camera exploding, and maybe some good damage to the cap in the flash...

Seems to me it just wouldn'tr work. But maybe I'm missing something?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: