Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Panorama Camera

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Britta Kristina Bergersen

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2001 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I am trying to get hold of a lens for an R.B. Cycle Graphic, it has the prod.nr. 31042 inside the top of the camerabox, and the number 66 or 99 under the lens board. It also has a No.8 Cirkut attachment. 3 cassettes for 6 1/2" x 8 1/2" film. Two Crown tripods, No.3 and No.5. And finally two carrying cases. All made by Folmer & Schwing division Eastman Kodak co. Rochester N.Y.

It is in full working order, the only thing missing is the lens. Could anyone help me please? I am at a loss where to find one. It says in the manual for the camera that there should be a Graphic Rapid Rectilinear Lens regularly listed, the complete lens having a focus of 11 inches, and the rear single element a focus of 18 inches.

I would be so happy if anyone could tell me where to find such a lens. It would be so much fun to use this camera.

And if anyone could answer these questions too:
What was the year of production of this camera?
Is it still possible to get hold of
6 1/2" x 8 1/2" film sheats?
No. 8 Cirkut Outfit film?

Britta Kristina Bergersen.
Les

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-05-26 08:55, Britta Kristina Bergersen wrote:
Hi!

I am trying to get hold of a lens for an R.B. Cycle Graphic, it has the prod.nr. 31042 inside the top of the camerabox, and the number 66 or 99 under the lens board. It also has a No.8 Cirkut attachment. 3 cassettes for 6 1/2" x 8 1/2" film. Two Crown tripods, No.3 and No.5. And finally two carrying cases. All made by Folmer & Schwing division Eastman Kodak co. Rochester N.Y.

It is in full working order, the only thing missing is the lens. Could anyone help me please? I am at a loss where to find one. It says in the manual for the camera that there should be a Graphic Rapid Rectilinear Lens regularly listed, the complete lens having a focus of 11 inches, and the rear single element a focus of 18 inches.

I would be so happy if anyone could tell me where to find such a lens. It would be so much fun to use this camera.

And if anyone could answer these questions too:
What was the year of production of this camera?

About 1913-1915

6 1/2" x 8 1/2" film sheets?
Yes. I believe a company called Freestyle in California cuts B&W film in this size. Bergger (pronounced Ber-zhay) I think still makes it to, but I don't have a link for either at the moment

No. 8 Cirkut Outfit film?

8" Cirkut film is stil available as a special order through any of Kodak's pro dealers. It's currently running about $30.00 a roll (min 1 roll) that's around 6ft long. the Cat # is 146 9493 and is Verichrome Pan film (B&W).

Britta Kristina Bergersen.

Maybe you just neglected to post it, but you'll need a special tripod top and several gears to run the Cirkut attachment. Gears are made by several people, the top will be difficult to find.

While I'm glad you posted here I think you'll find more information at
http://panoramic.net/www/cirkut.htm
I have a later version of the same camera and am having a lot of fun with it. Somehow I got on a list serve for panoramic photography but for the life of me don't remember how I did it. email me directly if you have other questions

Britta Kristina Bergersen

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for helping ! I´ve got the top and the gears, just forgot to mention it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: