Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Graflex in a Target store ad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graflite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was walking down the aisle in my local Target store looking for a few "hurricane" supplies when I spotted an ad poster by the aisle near the woman's clothing section.

The "Issac Mizrahi" ad depicted a lady in a red blouse and a zebra skirt climbing out of a white limo with three men, dressed in all white, shooting at her with Speed Graflex cameras with flashguns.

The theme of the ad seemed to have a lot of white in it, in order to zero in on her, and the clothing she wore, which was the intended focus of the advertisement, I suppose, but sadly to my dismay, the Speed Graflex cameras and Heiland flashes had been altered, not to my liking, but perhaps some might like their appearance.

Except for some chrome around the pop up focusing shade on the back and the chrome on the Heiland handle, everything, the camera, the Kalart rangefinder and Focuspot, and parts of the flash were painted WHITE, and not a flash synch cord to be seen anywhere.

I'm not too good with posting links so I imagine if you want to see it, it is on the Target web site home page under the "Woman" drop down menu and look for "Issac Mizrahi", or check it out if you have a Target store nearby, also the in store ad shows more of the camera's than the webpage ad does.

graflite

glennfromwy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Speed Graphics? Good grief!!!
I suspect they are the new digital model and the flash gun is triggered by radio waves, thus no cord needed.

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
alecj

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's 3 more speeds taken out of the market. No attempt to even show a viewfinder - they're just holding them up and aiming in the general direction.

And, of course, there's no film holders in them either! Details, details. They chose the "simple" look!

[ This Message was edited by: alecj on 2004-09-11 05:56 ]
tsgrimm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/ref=sc_fe_l_4_3692501_2/602-7097443-4943025?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=3666961

From the Target web site.
Henry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the TV ads for W. B. Mason office supply. One of their packages of printer paper shows a guy holding a Speed-type camera with flash. Their ads are wonderfully retro: mostly b/w, featuring a Dragnet-type pair of detectives and a "dumb blonde"---very entertaining.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: