Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fred Lustig's Health

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpmose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know where else to post this...I just heard that Fred Lustig had a stroke recently. Does anyone know how he is doing?
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-07-23 05:47, jpmose wrote:
I didn't know where else to post this...I just heard that Fred Lustig had a stroke recently. Does anyone know how he is doing?
He can't die, I have to kill him first. Sad news if true.
jpmose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

I found out on Photo.net when someone posted a question on finding rangefinder cams.

JP
alecj

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope it wasn't too serious and he can bounce back. He's done so much to keep these old beasts going, it would really be a loss for all of us to lose his services.
Barney

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the one who made the post on Photo.net. I talked to him personally about 2 to 3 weeks ago about something. He told me that he had a stroke. I did not ask him anything about it. He did not sound sick to me but then a stroke does not neccessarily affect your voice. Then last week I called him again but had to talk to his wife. He was sitting in the background because I could faintly hear him answer his wife when I asked her a question about Cams. Apparently you can get cams from him for $30.00 Bucks a pop. I was looking for a P3 for my Kodak Ektar 127mm. If anyone can help please say so.
jpmose

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with Fred today and he sounds like he is making great progress. He said he is in physical theropy three times a week and is expected to make a full recovery. To listen to him, one would never detect that he had a stroke...his mind is as strong as ever. His spirits are great! He mentioned that many people from all around have been in touch with him which makes him feel real loved.

For now, Fred can handle a parts order but will not be performing repairs for at least two more months.

45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Good News!

modtop69

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to let everyone know I just got my Crown back from Fred today. It needed a new release cable. I talked with him about 2 weeks ago and he sounded good. I didn't expect to get it back so soon. And of course it works perfectly. I just discovered this website, what a great resource! Guess I'll be busy tonight reading through all this!
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2004-03-19 15:27, modtop69 wrote:
I just wanted to let everyone know I just got my Crown back from Fred today. It needed a new release cable. I talked with him about 2 weeks ago and he sounded good. I didn't expect to get it back so soon. And of course it works perfectly. I just discovered this website, what a great resource! Guess I'll be busy tonight reading through all this!
Great news, even though Fred and I view each other as the lowest scum imaginable. Thanks for posting it.
Aggie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I just spent a wonderful day With Fred yesterday. He is recovering nicely from his stroke. I was in awe of his workroom basement. It includes a museum of 108 at least graflex cameras of all desprictions in perfect condition.

He is not back to perfect himself, but is not letting his recovery rate slow him down. He is a wonderful character that is a pleasure to have met. His wife is so sweet and helpful and adores her husband. I wish that if I make it to being married for 54 years like they have been, that i can have as much love and energy as they have.

One standard that he adheres to is the personal credo of that when a camera leaves his shop it will work properly and be better than it was before it broke. We have a gem in Fred, long may he stay active and happy.
t.r.sanford

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there has been a sort of consensus that we shouldn't pester Fred Lustig while he's convalescent. I'd be delighted to learn that he is well enough to be pestered again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: