Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mask for viewer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digimassa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the mask on the front side of the viewer. It seems to be not the big problem to make one, but it would be a great help to see a drawing of a mask. Soplease send me a drawing or give me a link to a site, where I can find one. I need it for 6X6 and 6X9 with a codak 101mm lense.
Thanks and kind regards
Martin
PS: this hhhh was a test; the system often doesnt log me in.
hmartin@tns.net

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2001 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin
I was hoping someone else could do a better job trying to answer your question. I have 2x2(6x6cm) and 2x3(6x9cm) masks for 135mm and 152mm lenses. You may be able to use ratios to determine the framed opening for 101mm lens by using the following information: The difference in focal length between 101mm and 135mm is 34mm. The difference between 135mm and 152mm is 17mm, just one-half of the 34mm. So just double the differences between 135mm and 152mm. Okay? Your 101mm opening will be larger than the 135mm opening.
Here are the respective dimensions for my 135mm and the 152mm lenses. 6x6mm opening is 11mm square and 10mm square. 6x9mm opening is 11mmx14.5mm and 10mmx13.5mm. That should be easy enough to figure out, but ask if you have any problem. The framed hole is about centered in the mask, It may need slight adjustment!
Okay, all the masks have these outside dimensions. Metal mask is about 0.5mm thick. About 29mm wide and 23mm high. It has a 37mm x 5mm tab at right angles along the top of mask with short 3mm bent tabs (At right angles to long tab.) at each end for ease of mask removal from viewfinder.
Please ask if this isn't clear. Harry

[ This Message was edited by: hmartin@tns.net on 2001-11-25 10:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hmartin@tns.net on 2001-11-25 10:07 ]
hmartin@tns.net

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2001 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin
I didn't answer all your question. The framed opening for 101mm 6x6 mask should be about 13mm square and for the 6x9 mask it should be about 13mm x 16.5mm.
To see photographs of masks go to "www.ebay.com", click "Photo", click "film cameras". click "Large Format", and search for "masks" and "mask" in "current" auctions. Also search completed auctions for "masks" and "mask". There should be photographs of masks to clear up any questions you have. Recommend you print out photo page for your file. Harry
P.S. I have a photograph of my 4x5 Crown Graphic on my web site. (www.angelfire.com/art/architecturalphoto). It is shown with a 4x5 size mask. You can see the small spike on four sides of the mask framed opening and also the small 3mm tab on top of the viewfinder. These tabs are used to remove the mask. I enlarge photos on Microsoft Windows Internet Exployer by click "File", then "Print Preview" and enlarge photo to 200% or 500%.

[ This Message was edited by: hmartin@tns.net on 2001-11-25 11:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hmartin@tns.net on 2001-12-17 21:15 ]
Digimassa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2001 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@hmartin:
Thank you verry much for your exact describtion, starting to build this masks now

Thanks and Kind Regards

Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: