Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pistol Grip for Pacmeaker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FixerFiend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Graflex make a pistol grip similar to Linhoff for better controll that can be attaccheg wor handheld with our too meck mod. Comming from 35mm I need some time to exoloit somethin like this to reduce cam shake and other factors. I've tried variou techniquiques and neet to ofset when not shooting on a triop. Thanks "o" experiece ones.P.S. I gueass I coud make one, but does anyonr hsv s solution that conforms to the elegant Pacemaker?

Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2004-01-10 08:26, FixerFiend wrote:
Did Graflex make a pistol grip similar to Linhoff for better controll that can be attaccheg wor handheld with our too meck mod. Comming from 35mm I need some time to exoloit somethin like this to reduce cam shake and other factors. I've tried variou techniquiques and neet to ofset when not shooting on a triop. Thanks "o" experiece ones.P.S. I gueass I coud make one, but does anyonr hsv s solution that conforms to the elegant Pacemaker?

(1), yes, for the Century.

(2) Use the strap, that's what its for. Left hand under strap, fingertips wrapped around the front and into the box. Also support the camera with the right hand.
worldphoto

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handheld I use the Graflite # 2773 battery case (red button) with two batteries and a dummy to fire my shutter/solenoid and/or flash. Left hand as above. The added weight doesn't bother me.
Harry
It also clears my Cambo C2N 120 film back. I then cock the 2773 at a 45% angle for better access to the red button.

When using with a flash (either a 5" or 7" reflector) I make sure that there are (3) fresh D batteries in the #2773 tube(Most of the time I use my BC-Cartridge instead of D batteries because it is lighter and more dependable.).

When I use an electronic flash it is mounted on top of my #2773 tube with a rubber plug and flash-shoe attachment.

[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2004-01-10 09:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2004-01-13 08:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2004-01-13 08:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2004-01-20 19:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2004-02-10 13:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2004-02-10 15:47 ]
t.r.sanford

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years and years ago, I made a wooden grip to attach to the tripod socket on the left side of a "Century" (I have not seen the "Century" grip referenced in several posts here). I decided, after some use, that the original strap is better and more convenient, as it surely is on a 4X5.

With two hands grasping the camera, one through the strap and one either beneath the bed ("Anniversary" or "Century") or gripping the lower right of the body, you're in a good position to minimize shake. The camera itself has a good deal of inertia, which helps.
kbuidc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to find an adapter plate for a Linhof grip on eBay (many years ago...and also saw one at B&H Photo in New York). These were made for more modern Crown and Speed Graphic cameras. With it, you can attach a Linhof grip onto your Crown Graphic. I haven't seen one of late, but they show up every once in a while. If you need more assistance, I can try and send some pictures.
kbuidc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay has a Linhof grip and what looks like a bracket that will allow you to mount to a late model Crown/Speed Graphic camera. The bracket is similar in appearance to the one mounted on my Pacemaker Crown Graphic.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2988194628&category=15247
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: