Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roll film holder with chrome wind lever

View previous topic :: View next topic  
disemjg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day I was offered a Crown 23 with a Graphic roll back. I did not take it (yet) as there were a few odd things about the rig (I like my cameras original). One of the odd things was the roll back, which had a chrome metal wind lever. I have never seen anything but the plastic levers; did Graflex make this, or is it somebody's backyard fix? Unfortuantely I did not study the back closely and cannt provide more clues right now. I will look at it more thouroughly next time I go to that shop. But I would like to hear if someone knows that the wind lever is or is not original.
Graflite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall whether it was actually a chrome metal lever or a chrome plated plastic lever, but I have found the "chrome levers" to be usually paired with the 2 x 3 RH/10 roll film inserts.

graflite
FixerFiend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto the above. I have a 2x3 RH-10 that is plastic with a VERY convincing fake chrome finish lever. The top of the lever is missing an insert that sits on the round section, so I don't know what material this was originaly.

Les

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those that have a chrome lever will usually say "Singer" on the body of the holder. These were the later versions of the roll holder and it's interesting to note that the inserts will not fit into the holders designed for the plastic color coded inserts.
disemjg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So of course I bought the outfit a few days ago and am now the proud owner of this RH-10 holder with two inserts, one each for 120 and 220. I cannot tell if the crome levers on either insert are metal or plastic. The center of the lever is a writable white plastic chalkboard disk to note the contents of the holder or whatever. Both inserts are indeed marked Singer. The RH-10 holder has the blue dot.

I was surprised about the comment that the inserts would not fit the older lever backs, so I immediately tried the exchange out on my blue lever RH-10. It seems to fit perfectly, but I suppose the only real test is with film. On the other hand, when I tried the insert in an older knob holder it did not fit snugly, and had far too much slop to provide any measure of confidence that it would not leak light.
disemjg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang double mouse tap posts twice.

[ This Message was edited by: disemjg on 2004-01-25 07:18 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: