Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Developing in a tank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
primus96

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have a tank that holds the sheets of film like a toastrack should I agitate the same as one would with a spiral tank for 35mm?
Then I would agitate for 30secs initially to loosen any air bubbles, then 15sec every minute. By this I mean a very quick inversion of the tank.
Not sure if thats appropriate here, it depends on the seal on the lid.
clnfrd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I do. I load the film into the tank's rack in the dark....and insert it very quickly into the tank, pre-filled with developer. I vigorously slosh the rack up and down to remove air bubbles...put the lid on...turn the light on...and then agitate with a circular and rocking motion 15 seconds every minute. Since the tank would spill the chemicals if inverted, of course I don't do that. As for development time, I include 15 seconds for the initial "sloshing"..and 15 seconds for pouring the developer out, in the total time. I then put the tank under running water for a couple of minutes or so...empty it...and pour in the fixer. I fix for 7 or 8 minutes...remove the lid...make sure the negs are totally clear...pour out the fixer...and wash under running water for 7 or 8 minutes. (Some people use hypo clearing agent). I then pour out the water...pour in a wetting agent solution...remove after a couple of minutes...shake off the excess...and let the negs dry. If I'm in a hurry, I remove the negs and squeegee them off. Fred.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: